Direwolf Baddassery: 6 Points! If a direwolf rips someone's throat out but is being controlled via mind link, does it still count? I'll side with the general school of thought that it certainly does! So yeah, that scene of direwolves just wrecking people with Bran was incredible. Let me also give a big shoutout to Grey Wind---RIP. That shot of his eyes closing was just brutal. Also, lots of epic points to Grey Wind for sensing what was going down before it actually did.
Joffrey Swag: None.
1. I knew it was coming. Earlier this year I typed "Robb Stark" into google so I could find an image for a post and the suggested search term was "Robb Stark Dies." I was pissed when I found out (Damn you Google!!!) but that didn't make tonight any less shocking. The baby stabbing of Talisa was beyond brutal and and the endless crossbow assault was insane. Thrones did mass execution last year with the Warlocks, but this made that look tame in comparison. Serious props to the creators for closing it out with Lady Catelyn slitting the young girl's throat and airing the credits sans-music. Chilling.
2. Now that we've got the shock out of our system let's go over some quick facts and questions. Speed round, let's go:
- The Blackfish went outside to "find a tree." Was he in on it? Did he betray the Starks and his own nephew? Doubtful I think. If he didn't betray them, is he dead?
- Is Edmure Tully, aka the dude who made out well with the bride dead?
- This had to be what Tywin was writing letters about in the earlier episodes this season right?
3. Damn I'm still reeling from the darkness, but how funny was that opening scene. I knew Lord Frey was a dirt bag, but I didn't know he was so funny. Not knowing the names of the girls, commenting on Talisa, saying that he "always sees beneath the dress," and just talking like a 20 year old bro in a repulsive body, what a zany old demonic maniac.
4. While everyone is talking about the events of the reception, this episode was also especially crazy for Jon Snow and Bran Stark. On the Snow front he finally got to fighting again, thank God, and bro, what are you doing riding out on your girl like that? Nice that he diced up that Warg, though. That dude sucked.
5. So Bran is now some kind of super Warg? Jojen pointed out that no one can get inside people's heads like Bran showed he could tonight. With each season more and more magic is seeping into this show. Keep in mind that in the first season there is barely any magic outside of the white walkers. Now we have shadow assassins, shape shifters, dragons, mind controllers, giants, magic healing powers, white walker kryptonite, and who knows what else is coming down the pipe. I'm calling it now. Bran is going to end up being VERY important to the entire story.
6. Shout out to the man, lil Rickon Stark (Art Parkinson), who has never really done anything in the past seasons, but tonight delivers a sneak attack of an emotional scene where he doesn't want to leave his brother. This scene is even more effective when you consider that him and Bran are the only Stark men left! Rickon also scores points for having the dopely named Direwolf - Shaggydog (does Rickon have a future as a phish head?)
7. That fight scene where Ser Jorah (da legend!), Grey Worm, and Daario (or is it Daria?) were just wrecking dudes was some of the coolest fighting the show has ever done. It even included some type of tag-team Mortal Kombat fatality, which was off the chain. That being said, this Daario dude is cheesy as hell, get a hair cut bro. I have a hunch he's going to be around for a long time cause Khaleesi obviously sees him as Drogo 2.0. And let's be clear about this, this dude is more like Fabio than Khal flipping Drogo. Khal Drogo ripped dude's tongues through their throats, this guy uses conditioner and fights with a scimitar, big difference .
8. When all is said and done, Arya Stark is going to be become the most badass character in the history of the show. If you watched "The Wire" she will be the "Omar" of the show. If you watched "Lost" she will be the "Desmond." Her destiny is vengeance and it's a long journey to get there littered with corpses of her enemes. I cannot wait till her first meaningful kill. That being said as my buddy pointed out The Hound really is making a habit out of saving Stark girls.
9. Not a single Lannister on screen tonight, yet their presence was felt. Next week in the finale, I expect we'll get a heavy dosage of Kings Landing plot lines. I hope that Tyrion will do something heroic beyond just courageously getting drunk and passing out.
10. There is only one episode left this season and the finale's of this show are always exceptional. I wonder if they'll be able to top last seasons epic Valar Morghullis scene (featured below.) Also because I appreciate all my readers I just want you to know, in this very moment, start mentally preparing for the long wait after Sunday.