Further adding to insane levels of hype for "The Dark Knight Rises" is this morning's oscar nomination for Gary Oldman for "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy." Oh, wait, did I mention insane levels of hype, consider the fact that people are scalping midnight tickets for this bad boy at a somewhat evil $100 dollar mininum bid. Back to the Oscar nominations for Oldman, can we say what only some bloggers have pointed out before....this movie has a crazy amount of Oscar Winners/Nominees:
- Christian Bale - Won for The Fighter
- Morgan Freeman - Won for Million Dollar Baby (Four previous nominations)
- Anne Hathaway - Nominated for Rachel Getting Married
- Michael Caine - Won for both The Cider House Rules & Hanna and Her Sisters (Four other nominations)
- Marion Cotillard - Won for La Vie En Rose
- Gary Oldman - Nominated for Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
- Liam Neeson - Nominated for Schindler's List
- Christopher Nolan - Nominated for "Inception" and "Memento"
- Wally Pfister (Cinematographer) - Won for "Inception"
That's a lot of firepower!