Here's a brief lineup of what's coming up and my thoughts on each
- May 6: Thor This is getting pretty good reviews and you know I have to see anything that preps me for The Avengers, besides it's got hammers!
- May 13: Bridesmaids (Getting great reviews) The trailers have been decent and I keep hearing lots of positive buzz, looks like a solid date movie with a killer cast.
- May 20: Pirates of the Caribbean Dammmmmnn Johnny Depp, what you doing with your life? A fourthquel, get a new franchise man. I'm tempted by senorita Cruz but just don't know if I can pull the trigger on buying tickets to this.
- Memorial Day: Hangover Part II, Kung Fu Panda 2, Tree of Life Two are sequels to highly enjoyable films and one is a meta-heady story with dinosaurs, a serious serious weekend.
- June 3: X-Men First Class When this movie was announced people were skeptical of a X-Men story in the 60's (they also couldn't forgive/forget Wolverine) but now after the trailers, people are Colossus pumped for this, I'm one of them.
- June 10: Super 8 While I'm not as jazzed as others, I can't deny that this looks interesting and Abram's last film, a little picture called "Stark Trek" was one of the most enjoyable pieces of entertainment of the last couple of years.
- June 17: Green Lantern Thislalife contributor KosherD has got me pumped on this, and since he's my bro in real life/comic life I trust his judgement on this.
- June 24: Cars 2 People knocking PIXAR need to get their game up, "Cars" is an under appreciated gem, sure it sells a ton of merchandise, but don't use that as a reason to knock the film. Besides I really like Lightning McQueen & Mater, dare I say they are the new Woody & Buzz now that Woody & Buzz are retired?
So fasten your seatbelts and get ready for Summer 2011. Or should I say unbuckle your seatbelts and get ready to drive off the cliff in sumer movie season. Oh I think I forget something
FAST FIVE APRIL 29TH!